Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Salon: July 20


I spent last weekend in Nashville working a trade show, so I missed the Salon. Being gone for four days, especially over a weekend, seriously cut into my reading time, but I managed to sneak a little time in at the Opryland Hotel pool.

So, here's what I have reviewed since my last SS post.

  • How Perfect Is That by Sarah Bird (review here)
  • So Long at the Fair by Christina Schwarz (review here)
  • Cost by Roxana Robinson (review here)

I have just started my second book in the Southern Summer Reading Challenge, Time Is a River by Mary Alice Monroe. It looks like an easy read, so expect a review by the end of the day.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all are reading. If you get a chance, let me know if you have a good addition to my TBR pile.

Update: I ended up going to see Mamma Mia! with my mom (so good!) this afternoon, so I got off my reading for awhile, but I'm almost done with Time Is a River, so expect a review tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely add The Lace Reader to your TBR. It's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I just finished my second book in The Southern Reading Challenge myself: Look Homeward, Angel, by Thomas Wolfe. I should have a review by tomorrow too.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Those are great reviews! I must be a slow reader! You go away for 4 days and still manage to get 3 reviews in! I'm impressed!! My friend saw Mama Mia and she LOVED it too!

S. Krishna said...

Just posted my review of A Summer Affair, and I think I agreed with you. Here's my review:

http://skrishnasbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/summer-affair-elin-hilderbrand.html

Les said...

You should add The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society to your stacks. I recently read it and LOVED it! You can find my review here.