Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: No One Could Have Guessed the Weather

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


No One Could Have Guessed the Weather
By Anne-Marie Casey
Publication Date: June 13

From Amazon:

When Lucy Lovett’s husband loses his job, she is forced to give up her posh life in London and move their family to a tiny apartment in Manhattan, where her husband has managed to secure a lowly position. Lucy finds herself living in the center of cool and hip. Across from their apartment is a trendy bar called PDT—whenever Lucy passes by, she thinks, Please Don’t Tell anyone I’m a middle-aged woman.

Homesick and resentful at first, Lucy soon embarks on the love affair of her life—no, not with her husband (though they’re both immensely relieved to discover they do love each other for richer or poorer), but with New York City and the three women who befriend her.
 
Spot-on observant, laugh-out-loud funny, yet laced with kindness through and through, No One Could Have Guessed the Weather is a story of what happens when you grow up and realize the middle part of your story might just be your beginning.



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!



38 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the New York - London settings - I'm not huge into affair books, but the funny might make it worth it!

Thanks for sharing!

Here’s my WoW!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Great pick, Jill! This is one I'll be putting on my TBR list. Here's my WoW:

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Oops! Here's my WoW:
http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-secret-of.html

Sheena-kay Graham said...

This book is interesting. Love the cover.

My WOW.

Jelly said...

I really like the title, speaks to me! thanks for sharing.

My WoW

Unknown said...

Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Sounds really good and inspiring. Learning to live under your means can be difficult but sometimes it brings new friends and experiences. Thanks for sharing and hosting!

Unknown said...

No One Could Have Guessed the Weather sounds like a terrific read. Thanks for sharing--it's definitely one for the TBR list!

Here's my WOW pick.

Michelle :)

moonlessbites said...

Hi there :) Love the cover. My WoW is Tegan's Magic by L.H. Cosway

Unknown said...

I love the cover and sounds like an interesting read.

Tina's Blog said...

I like the cover on this one - as well as the premise.
Are you enjoying The Good House? I liked that one a lot.

Anonymous said...

The cover's eye-catching and the blurb sounds good. :)

Here's my WoW

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I like the sound of this one....and I'm a big fan of stories set in Manhattan.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I love the sound of this one as well. Great pick.

Cecelia said...

I love the sound of this one - unexpected and interesting. Nice pick!

Maria said...

I love the sound of this book! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Great pick

Amy said...

This one sounds really good. What a great cover too. Great pick!!

bermudaonion said...

This sounds right up my alley!

Anonymous said...

You always have some of the BEST contemporary picks I never would think to pick up! And the settings you cannot beat! :D Great choice as usual!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I like the title and the plot. This seems very interesting.

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-34.html

Cherie Reich said...

Oh, wow! This one sounds really good. I love the cover too. :)

Anonymous said...

This one sounds pretty cool for a New York setting! Great pick :)

JezzebellJC said...

Might not be my usual pick, but looks like one I would enjoy nonetheless. Love the cover as well. Here is my WoW. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

Lexie said...

Nice pick:)

J.L. Neyhart said...

It's been awhile since I participated in one of these, but here's my WoW

Anonymous said...

Great pick, as always! My "To Read" list on goodreads just gets more full every week!

My wOw this week is Entwined in you.
Check it out here!

While you're visiting, feel free to look around my blog & maybe follow it! =)

Stasia said...

You've got me curious. Cool cover. My wow http://www.swardkehoe.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-bruised-by-sarah.html

Unknown said...

This one does sound worth checking out. Lovely cover too!
My WoW Pick!!

Beth Hoffman said...

I'm hooked. This one is going on my list right now!

BookStacksOnDeck said...

Sounds great! I love the cover too! <3
-heather [[my WoW post]]

Lynette said...

Sounds great!

My WOW

Unknown said...

I like the sound of this one, it's a little different from what I've been reading

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

Sounds interesting... and probably heartwarming and funny too. Thanks for sharing :)

If you'd like, you could check out my WoW here. Have a beautiful Wednesday!

Shanon (Escaping With Fiction) said...

Ooh, this book sounds lovely, I'll have to check it out! =)

Unknown said...

This looks really cool. My WoW

Rashika said...

Here is my WoW http://rashikathebookowl.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/waiting-on-wednesday/

J. D. Brown said...

Would like to join but having trouble adding my blog to the Mr. Linky thing. I'm at http://authorjdbrown.blogspot.com

Thanks.

caffeinejunkie said...

Cool pick! Here's my WoW: http://booksarefabulous.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html